Thursday, October 14, 2010

It Pours From Your Eyes and Spills From Your Skin

Florence + the Machine is the soundtrack of my life. I believe that I listen to her more often than any other artist. Which can get a bit embarrassing at times, because I find it very hard to resist singing along, and that prompts a lot of funny looks from the people around me. But I shall continue to belt out Drumming Song every time it comes on on shuffle.

So today's outfit is a bit of a mash-up. I desperately wanted to find ways to wear most of the elements of this outfit- the sweater, the dress, and the socks. So this morning I had the bril idea to put the socks with some dark sheer nylons (hello, sex legs.) and then proceeded to wander about the room in only that for a few minutes (to the dismay of my roommates, I'm sure) while I tried to decide what to wear on top. And suddenly, I remembered that I had discovered the wonderful pairing of this dress I got from a friend and the lovely sweater my mom bought my for my birthday. She bought it for me because it was a bit of a splurge item, but it was definitely worth it. It's incredibly soft and warm and the sequins are phenomenal. I got a lot of compliments on them. (!) Sooo, altogether, I am feeling pretty good today. I love how wearing a great outfit automatically raises your mood significantly just because you feel pretty. Ohlordy, I am such a narcissist. Oh well. I'm hoping to curl my hair sometime soon, but we'll see. My schedule so incredibly hectic lately. For instance, we had to get up at seven this morning for a fire drill. Suffice it to say, I was in a hat and glasses. On the other hand, getting up at such an incredibly early hour gave me lots of time to come up with this outfit and go off to take pictures. So perhaps , in the end, it's not all bad.







outfit details: sweater- INC, dress- gift, socks- free people, boots- target

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...