Saturday, November 13, 2010

Won't Set My Heart Frozen In Amber

Weight of days lost holding you down
You'll look for me, but I won't be found.
The bluebirds flutter in my chest,
Oh, they want to sing..
You'll have to break me open to hear anything
Before the world dies at my door
I'll break the sky, for you and I are going nowhere.
Kiss goodbye, a dozen times before we get there.
Why do I need anyone else, when I can break the sky myself?
Won't be haunted by dreams I've deferred
Won't set my heart frozen in amber
The love you always seem to find is syrupy sweet
One taste and you've made up your mind,
Too ripe to eat.

-The Hush Sound

I just realized when I posted these pictures that none of them actually have my face in them... whoops. I think I just didn't like any of the pictures showing my whole face (not enough sleep last night, perhaps?)

I just love these pictures, even if they don't show my face. Mostly because of my skirt. Not trying to sound narcissistic or anything, but I made it myself. I have a few things in my wardrobe that I have actually made myself (far too few in my opinion- I would make so many more things if I had the time and money). And then to pair the adorable bubble skirt with what may quite possibly the world's cutest cardigan? Sometime later, when I wear it again, I must remember to take a detail picture of the buttons- they are just darling.







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...