Sunday, March 13, 2011

For Your Inner Librarian Pt I

I have always had a deep and abiding love of books, but in particular old books. I have a small collection of lovely old books at home- my favorites include a book of fairy tales and "The Boy's Own Guide to Natural History". The latter of these is a beautiful little specimen I found last summer in a bookshop in a small town in Northern California. It has an emerald green binding with gold detailing and these delicate, wonderful illustrations for each different type of animal. And it was only $15.

Lately I have been feeling rather trapped and isolated at school, especially since I really have no friends who have any artistic inclinations whatsoever. So to distract myself I have spent a lot of time online shopping, looking for little treasures to make me feel better. Unfortunately this means that my Amazon.com wishlist is filling up faster than I know what to do with it. So, in the spirit of all things literary, I give you some beautiful book-ish pictures.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...